Saturday, January 14, 2017

'Ello, 'Ello: Literary Candles




'Ello, 'ello!

Here's a fun fact: If there's anything else I'm addicted to besides books, it's candles. Particularly candles that are inspired by books, which have become very popular in the past few years. Now we are no longer limited to the usual scents like "Tropical Breeze" or "New Car," but we have options that make us think of Hogwarts (sigh), Jay Gatsby's parties (swoon), and money (wut?).


Thanks to the wonders of Instagram, I stumbled upon a website called The Melting Library, based in Brooklyn, NY. This particular candle shop sells hand-poured creations inspired by young adult books, series', and other big hits in pop culture.

Due to the holidays, most of the products were sold out and I had to wait to be notified of the next restock, which was scheduled for early January. This meant several days of watching my Instagram like a hawk for any updates.

Then one Sunday night while playing my Xbox, I happened to be checking Instagram every five minutes  when at last:

"The Melting Library has been restocked!"

BOOM.

I dropped my controller and bolted upstairs to my laptop like the fates were after me, and managed to snag the candle, Queen of Tarts, shown in the picture above. Thank goodness, too. That candle and many others were sold out within mere hours.

This beauty is inspired by the novel Heartless, written by Marissa Meyer, and bears the fragrance of lemon curd, butter, vanilla, and pie crust. *Drool*

Stay tuned for my next post, in which I give a review of Heartless itself. In the meantime, be sure to check out The Melting Library for your book-based-candle-needs-musts. :)

4 comments:

  1. This was a fun post, but now I need to know what a money candle smells like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you find out. For science. :)

      Delete
  2. I had no idea that such a thing existed! What does a Jay Gatsby party smell like? Bootlegged liquor? Failed romance? Books whose pages have never been cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie! My sister has a candle called Gatsby's Mansion, which has the scents of champaign fizz, daisies, and sea mist. In other words, two of the three smells you mentioned.

      Delete